Royal Arch Masonry
Holy Royal Arch
The Royal Arch ceremonies were actively worked in Jersey during the early part of the 19th Century.
The Chapter of Harmony was established in 1829. The original documents are no longer in existence, but there was a Lodge of Harmony formed in 1809 which ceased in 1832. It is most probable that the Chapter was formed in association with that Lodge and later attached to the Yarborough Lodge.
There was a Césarée Chapter formed in 1865 which ceased in 1910 when the charter was returned to Supreme Grand Chapter together with the minute books and attendance records. The Chapter was reformed in 1969 as La Césarée Chapter.
The Royal Sussex Chapter was another early chapter - being formed in 1849 and later taking over the Mechanical Chapter in 1860. The Mechanical Chapter had been formed in 1817 and was attached to the Mechanical Lodge now called the Duke of Normandy Lodge. It was reformed in 1925.
All the other chapters are of much more recent origin, namely the Jersey Chapter of Unity in 1979, Prince of Wales Chapter in 1982, and the Jersey Chapter of Installed Principals in 2001.
Included in the list is the Caesarean Chapter, formed in London for Channel Islands Masons to meet, should their activities take them to the mainland. From time to time, they will hold a meeting in the Channel Islands under dispensation.