The Masonic Temple in St. Helier
VISITS TO THE TEMPLE
We are always pleased to welcome visitors to the Masonic Temple, but please give a few days’ notice to arrange a guide. For daytime visits - Please use the contact us form.
Freemasons visiting Jersey and wishing to attend a meeting (all Orders), should contact the Provincial Grand Secretary using the contact us form to confirm arrangements. There are no meetings in July and August.
Consecrated in May 1864, this magnificent structure was purpose built as a central meeting place for all Masonic Orders in Jersey. The first Masonic Lodge in Jersey was warranted in 1765, but until the St. Helier Temple was built Lodges met in hotels, taverns and assembly rooms at various locations.
During WW2 the Temple was sacked by German occupying forces and many precious and important artefacts were transported to Germany for an anti-Masonic exhibition. Meetings resumed soon after the Liberation using makeshift regalia and furniture pending replacement, much by generous donation.
The building was extensively refurbished and extended in 2017 enabling it to be used for non-masonic events including seminars and weddings.